View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Dollyo

Default Purple Iris Wallhangings

Several years ago, I took a class on a stained glass wallhanging (Iris by Brenda Henning). I gave it to my mother. I loved it so much that I made one for myself. I used 1/4" fusible bias tape for the two of them. Recently, I decided that I needed a larger complementary wallhanging. I used Eleanor Burn's "Candy Cane Lane" pattern (made a Christmas lap quilt and a baby boy quilt w/that pattern) for the background. I then used the smaller iris in the original wallhanging and a butterfly out of another one of her books as appliques. I found the wonderful butterfly wing fabric at JoAnn's. I satin stitched around them. Quilted curlicues all over the body of the quilt. Used "Butterfly Dreams" pantograph to do the border. Not happy w/the curly corners, but overall, I'm pleased w/it. C&C variegated purple thread top and bobbin. The wings of the butterfly are quilted w/Sulky metallic holographic thread. I have 2 French Braid runners and French Braid Star that coordinate, not completed yet. That's another post, hopefully, soon. Thanks for looking,
DollyO

[ATTACH=CONFIG]411234[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]411236[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]411237[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]411238[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]411239[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 01-iris-wallhanging.jpg   04-iris-butterfly-wallhanging.jpg   05-iris-butterfly-detail.jpg   06-iris-detail.jpg   07-iris-butterfly-border.jpg