Old 05-01-2013, 05:32 PM
dublb

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Congrats on the new machine, QNS--you deserve it! Let us know how you like it. Is the Irish Mist quilt the first one you'll make on it?

Anael, that pic makes my heart smile!!

Went on a FART to a brand new LQS today. Awesome!! The mother of the gal that owns it is the inventor of the Big Foot and Little Foot attachments and has many copyrighted patterns to her name. She is amazing--her quilts hang all over the shop. Ggal, you would have loved it. She has taken the Pineapple Pattern in a whole new direction with fussy cutting, off-setting the center block, adding small strips like stained glass, using jungle prints, etc. I couldn't believe it was the Pineapple Block. She spent about 20 min with us demonstrating her technique for the Grandmother's Fan pattern. Perfect circles and NO applique. She foundation pieces but not from the back sewing in reverse. She has copyrighted her invention of sewing onto the paper that is marked with 1/4" seams so there's no twisting and turning and your fabric is placed in the position it ends up in (does that make sense?). She & her daughter were so nice and helpful without being overbearing. She only had about 75% of her fabric out but had a pretty good selection already. I did practice restraint and only bought a pattern and a few FQ's but they were so awesome to us that we're already planning a return trip. So many of her beautiful quilts on display--I was walking around with my mouth hanging open!

More good news (I really had a great day!)--I sold my mother's house. Signing the papers tomorrow. What a weight lifted; it's been hard running back and forth and keeping it clean, grass cut, etc. I'm so happy & relieved. Just had to share with yinz.
OMGoodness that sounds like so much fun! I just looooooove my Big Foot!
Oh man I just keep leavin'out things that I meant ta say. Congratulations Jan on the sale o' your house.

Last edited by dublb; 05-01-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Forgot stuff.