Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Bongo is a real cutie.
I like the little foo foo dogs. I felt sorry for the Chihuahua in my avatar and adopted her. She has bad habits and I figured if anyone adopted her the would take her back. I always had toy poodles before. One large dog, he was not cared for properly. We had him for 11 years.
we now have two like yours. a small shi tzu/wire hair terrior/schnauzer mix. took us six months of summer heat to finally get her up to the house out of the sage brush, carring buckets of water. then get her to trust is to touch her. vet said that animals that have been as badly abused as this little girl, never recover. the broken jaw healed crooked, the lumps on ribs will never go away...but she is recovering, slowly - still terrified of humans shedoesn't know. we live way out...not anyone near, so..other than occassional visitors, we are her human world. she and my hisband are so attached!! then after my beloved wdog died from cancer last spring, she sent me a full german wire haired pointer. abused, of course. took a while to win his trust, then the bond was strong. went to rescue where i had taken him, they gave him back to me, they were unsuccessful getting him to level of training/obedience that he needed to be to be adoptible. almost a year later, we are making progress. frightened animals are the hardest to train, i am finding. abused animals need some one w the patience to help them learn that not all humans are bad. these little loves are soooo in need of second chance to live and experience love affection and a full belly without pain.