Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 AM
JeanieG

Wow twelve messages so far this morning! We are a real productive group, I must say!

Honchey, you received a marvelous block from DD! Wow!!

Congrats Jan on the selling of your mom's house. It has taken a long time, but is finally done! Hurrah!

Gee, I don't know about all you guys getting new machines! Wow, how great is that! Congrats!

We have been at a standstill the past week on my house. I am not a patient person, so am getting real aggravated. ServPro who does the clean up has had to wait for my Homeowners Co. to approve the invoices so they can do the work. That has gone round and round a couple of times, but ServPro got the go ahead day before yesterday. I have moved all the food out of the cupboards, and Serv Pro is sending someone to pack up all the remaining stuff in my kitchen and dining room as everything has to be moved out. They have to tear out the kitchen cabinets, and cut 2 feet off the drywall in the living room to clean where the cabinets were. Also the carpet and pad have to be taken out of the living room too. ServPro said his part of the clean up will take about a week (everything has to dry out after he does the clean up). Then I have to hire a contractor to replace the 2 ft of drywall and put new baseboards in. I have to get new carpet, and decide on new kitchen cabinets. I had a guy come and measure the kitchen for the new cabinets, but I will have to decide which ones I want and work with a designer (free at Home Depot) for the kitchen layout. I will also get another design workup from someone else, might as well get all the ideas I can. I'm not sure what the Insurance Co. will give me for the new cabinets yet, but doubt it will cover them all. Just my gut feeling!