View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 10:42 AM
SteveH
Banned

I sent an E-mail to Kevin about what we are planning and I just received this reply from him:

Wow Steve, that truely is amazing. Please pass along this message.

I am genuinely touched and honored by the kindness of your community. I would have never in my life expected such generosity and selflessness from strangers. The thought is truly humbling.

My grandmother was a great woman, and one of the things she did her entire life was welcome and support Soldiers. She opened her home and her heart to many, many servicemen- I can see this same spirit and honor in you. People like you are the reason that I joined the Army, to serve and protect those that keep the American spirit that makes our country great- not to seek glory, but to express gratitude. I am simply a man doing a job, "a warrior, nothing less, nothing more."

Below is my address. I will make sure that anything sent this way will be free and available to anyone who needs them. Please feel free to pass along my email address, or send me those of these people- I wish to personally thank them. If they are interested, I will maintain communication, and send pictures and share my journey.

I also highly recommend using US Postal Service flat-rate boxes, as they should easily be the most cost-effective way to ship.

SPC Anderson, Kevin
TF White Currahee
Fox (C) Co. / Afcop Sabari
FOB Salerno
APO AE 09314
[email protected]

Again, thank you.