Old 05-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by Jo Anne B. View Post
Yes, crate training is invaluable, i graduated our pup to the bathroom with baby gate, we just say kennel up and she heads in and better yet, when she sees us getting ready to leave, she kennels herself.
I don't believe either in "outside dogs" to me... if they make it, it's just a stroke of luck..too many perils.
Our girls live outdoors 24/7. And when Bongo gets a little older he too will become a 24/7 outside dog. We don't let them run amok around the neighborhood like some of the people who live around here. To me that is irresponsible to one's pet and to the neighborhood.

The inside of the house is Kola's domain.

And it is not like its 50 below here and they have no place to get out of the cold.

We have provided them with heated houses, heated water buckets and when it gets below 20 degrees they are put in the shop and the garage with heaters. They have 2 acres to wander about on, that is surrounded by a 6 foot wooden fence all the way around. And safe enclosed areas to go when we have company over. They get yearly checkups and their vet says they are very healthy and well cared for.