View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 05:32 PM
NanaCsews2

All the concerns here are the exact reason I still have my Babylock Ellegante instead of moving up to the Ellisimo-which is my dream machine and when I win the lottery, I will get one. Not sure I want the hassle of selling, who will pay what I know the machine is worth, and I don't think I would trust someone else to sell my prized possesion for me.
My dealer/LQS does not take trades on the machines, and another one I inquired about when I was pricing the Ellisimo a few years ago, would give me about a tenth of what I paid for my machine, so that was a no-go. Has to hurt a little when they don't get the sale, but I refuse to give away the best machine I have ever owned. I could sell it on Ebay myself, but I know what I want for it, and it probably isn't what others would pay for it. Although I have seen them go close to what I would ask for. I could go on Craigslist also, but I keep thinking of the possible phone calls, the people wanting to see it and testing it out, and then they too walk away. I have resolved myself to keep the Ellegante, save up for the Ellisimo (fat chance on that lottery coming through), and still enjoy using the machines I have -Babylock Jane, the Ellegante and a serger).