View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 05:37 AM
frudemoo

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
I think it was wonderful of the daughter to offer you the machine at no charge. But I would 'pay it forward' a bit and make a donation for the requested amount to a charity in the mother's name. Perhaps the Project Linus program, or something else quilt oriented?
That's a great idea.

Unfortunately, it all happened rather quickly so I didn't get a lot of time to think it through. I ended up getting her gifts to the value of what she was originally asking because I just wanted to cheer her up. ...I think it definitely did! We had a lovely meeting and now it's down to business to see if I can get the machine working.

Issues noted so far: Mangled power cord.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411461[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]411463[/ATTACH]
A couple of frozen dials. The crustiest bobbin case I think I've ever seen!! The whole machine has got that real 'frozen in time' vibe about it.

Coolest features upon first inspection: AMAZING accessories box with a built-in cam stacking/stitch guide in the lid... You turn the wheel at the front and it tells you how to set up the machine for that stitch. It's also double sided so you can use it from the inside of the lid as well.[ATTACH=CONFIG]411455[/ATTACH]

The accessories box is really awesome. This is what's under the magic lid. The top tray swings out to reveal the bottom tray and there's all these very precise compartments for everything.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411465[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]411467[/ATTACH]

I also really like the tension assembly - I think it looks cool. The Supernovas have this great subtle curve if you look at them from the side. It's so subtle you really need to walk around the machine to fully appreciate it, but it's part of it's sexy Italian swag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411468[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]411469[/ATTACH]

I had to keep the table and machine separate because of storage issues, but here are the pics of the table from the original listing:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411470[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]411471[/ATTACH] The cabinet is in bad shape, but I love all the drawers!
Attached Thumbnails lidofbox.jpg   powercord.jpg   crustybobbincase.jpg   camsinbox.jpg   feetetcinbox.jpg  

tensionassembly.jpg   fromcurvedend.jpg   necchitablecl.jpg   necchitableopn.jpg   necchistitches1.jpg