Old 05-03-2013, 05:52 AM
dray965

Recently I made a major mistake concerning this very subject. I have a mid-arm quilting machine with a sit-down table. Although all three of my daughters can sew, none of the do it at all. And certainly none of the three know a thing about quilting.

So in a moment of generosity, I told my sister-in-law, who is an avid piece-er, that when I go, she can have my quilting machine. She was thrilled. (I don't want you to think she is eagerly awaiting my demise...it's just that I am about 15 years older than her and 66. So she naturally thinks I'll be first. LOL.)

The problem started about 2 days later. I was talking to my youngest daughter on the phone and the subject of what to do with things came up. The first thing she said was that she wanted all my 'sewing stuff'. I said, "OK...but you don't quilt, so I'm guessing you mean my Bernina, the embroidery machine, and the serger." She said, "No, I would love to learn to quilt when my children are older."

Oh my...I didn't have the heart to tell her that I'd already given it away. So...I've decided to put aside the cost of the machine and that to one of them...just haven't decided which one yet.