Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 AM
carriem

Honchey--another thing you can do with a cake mix is "crisps"...my favorite is apple. I cut up 5-6 apples (Granny Smith), sprinkle a little cinnamon on and put in the pan (9x9). In the microwave melt a stick of margarine and stir in dry cake mix (we like Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla, but any vanilla, white or yellow will work) until crumbly...then crumble on top of apples. Some people use the canned pie filling...I have tried it with canned cherries (used 2 cans for one box of cake mix) and blueberries (not together). I have also done it with frozen peaches...added some sugar to these, but it was several years ago so can't remember how much. Anyway you just bake at 350* until the apples are tender or other fruit is bubbly.

QE--not DD's first migraine just the first to be this bad and last 2 days with no relief.

Anael--very pretty garden area. Looks like a nice sunny day there! Sorry no help in identifying your pretty plant.

We have rain and cold (30s) today. I had 2 daffodils come up by the end of our driveway so had one of the kids cut them yesterday...didn't want them to die in the cold. Nice to have a little color on the table. I just got done making some broccoli and cheese soup. It will be good for lunch and maybe supper too.

Housework done...off to the clubhouse early today. The planes *will* get done today and maybe I'll even start on the propellers.