View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 10:33 AM
AlwaysQuilting

I usually only lurk here but this thread has grabbed me.

We had a wonderful Hancocks near us. I always bought my quilting fabric and supplies there. Then about 5 of 6 years ago they started selling alot of furniture, baskets, lamps, etc. and less fabric. It started to look a lot like Pier One (nothing bad about Pier One, but I went inside to buy fabric!). They also started selling ALOT of fleece. Their cotton quilting fabrics was dwindling. In a year or so, they went out of business. Now there is no Hancocks anywhere near me. Not even 250 miles away!!

As for Joanns witchy poo manager mentioned here, the Joanns store near my old house had one of those for quite a while. No amount of complaining to corporate helped. Corporate emailed me that a store manager is pretty much the BOSS and can run the store however they want. I have since moved to the other side of the state and the Joanns near me now has a wonderful manager, even accepts others coupons (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc.).

But I still miss having a Hancocks to shop in. Shopping online just isn't the same for me.

Just my experience.