Old 05-04-2013, 04:47 AM
MomtoBostonTerriers

churcae, I am so sorry for your loss. What a dear friend you have described, and I know you will miss her for a long time to come.

I just returned home from burying my father. I was the person who cleaned out many of his personal possessions. My father was the most organized person in the world (really!). He had file folders clearly labeled with information about his annuities and death benefits, his will, and funeral and burial information. He had even written his own obituary about 8 years ago. Even with all of this help, it has been a difficult time for our family. Dad was an avid fisherman, and I have no idea what I am going to do with his supplies for tying flies and huge collection of handmade flies.

So, quilting friends, this thread has good advice to all of us to get out "fabric affairs" in order, if for no other reason than to help your family and friends who will grieve your passing. My plan is to use it all up and leave no stash whatsoever. In case that doesn't work out, I am having a talk with my DH so he will know what to do with the contents of my quilting room.