View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:43 AM
cricket_iscute

I think it's a Singer 27 or 127, depending on whether it is 3/4 size or full size. This makes it a true antique, which means more than 100 years old. I have a 127 I use during power outages. It was totally dead when I got it but I meched it back into life. They are nice to use. Tip: start with your heels fully down on the floor when your feet are on the pedal device and it is easier to get going. Also spin the hand wheel at the same time - I think the direction of that hand wheel on that machine is toward you. It's a very forgiving machine.

Did you know you can do fmq on it? Yep! Get a device from e-bay called a Stoppax Embroidery Attachment for about $60; they were made overseas about 60 years ago. It can turn just about any machine into a fmq machine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SEWI...item589f0d840d

Please remember to oil it with sewing machine oil or Tri-flow oil (nothing else!!!) one drop where metal meets metal for every 8 hours of sewing. If it is sluggish, and it probably will be, it might need the grease on the gears changed. Remove old grease with cotton swabs and dental tools from the drug store and replace with Singer lubricant (in tube) or Tri-flow grease/lubricant - nothing else!!! Ask if you have questions.

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 05-04-2013 at 10:50 AM.