Old 05-04-2013, 12:32 PM
MacThayer

I have some 3/4 bed size quilts (remember those?), some double bed quilts, and I have a queen-sized bed. Some of those quilts work with a queen sized bed and a coverlet, and some don't. I hate to leave them packed away, so I have added sleeves to the back, which can be any color and doesn't have to match the quilt. Then I have a "display wall" in the living room. I rotate my quilts onto this display, and it is constantly commented upon by guests because they very rarely see the same quilt twice hanging there, except for Christmas. I really, really like being able to change the "mood and style" of my living room simply by changing a quilt. You could do this in any room really. I just like it in the living room. I have also put up sheets, coverlets, and blankets to "back" a small quilt, and I've displayed up to 3 small quilts on my wall. Once I used a wide lace to frame a quilt, and another time, I added ribbons woven into long mats. You can get very creative with this changing display.

Sounds like you have a lot of options, and could do more than one! I've trolled for ideas here, and jotted several down. Thanks ever so much for asking the question!