View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 05:11 PM
oldtnquiltinglady

I jumped in and bought a Gammill Classic Plus (with the stitch regulator) cold turkey when we drove through MO four or five years ago on our way to Branson--I too have an understanding DH with money to spend as we see fit--and have not regretted it for one moment. I had the experience on a LA though, so my learning curve has not been so bad--this Gammill has the old one beat hands down as far as being user friendly. If you have never used a LA, you might have a bit of a learning curve--get the DH in on the fun, my son loves my LA as much as I do and he had never even used a sewing machine before my Gammill. He does a lot of my quilting now, and even quilts for pay occasionally. He is absolutely wonderful at the stippling game and has made several prize winning quilts. I will never for one moment second guess myself again on the purchase of a sewing machine--and I am really old, and none of my kids want or will want any of my sewing stuff/stash/sewing machines except for sentimental reasons. My DH even built me my own sewing room (16x40) out back because we don't have that much room in our old-timey farm house. He has his own shop building and I have my own sewing room side by side. I love it.

Keep us posted on your decision and the selection process. Good luck.