Old 05-04-2013, 05:58 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Good Saturday Evening ... settling in with an evening tea, to catch up with all of you on the last couple of days of chatter.

It's been a beautiful couple of days here ... warm with that fresh spring breeze. When I was away today I saw some magnolia trees in bloom. So beautiful!! The spring bulbs are popping in the sheltered areas. My daffodils are blooming here at home. Trees starting to come to life ... slowly! Looks like Mother Nature is finally being kind to us.

I saw this quote today, and it made me think of all of you, my PC Friends!!!
"A good friend is a connection to life --
a tie to the past, a road to the future,
the key to sanity in a totally insane world."
~~Lois Wyse~~

Now to start reading ...and chatting with you!

CarrieM ... what an easy way way to make a fruit crisp! Though mixing blueberry and cherry would be delicious IMHO!

Anael ... if you want to speed up the reproduction for that bush, just flatten a branch down to the ground and cover with soil and keep moist. It'll grow roots soon enough. Looks like you've got enough food made that you can sew to your ♥'s content, knowing good food is waiting to be reheated. Good Plan!!! Here;s to a fun day with the SewGrands tomorrow.

QNSue ... so glad to see you are getting comfortable with your new machine ... and your new chair too! Nice that you are sharing it with your DH, though I fear you may be losing it to him, once he gets using it. Why aren't you going to use it for piecing as well as quilting?

OKSGlad ... while I am sure you enjoyed your snEw days, I hope for your sake that the meltdown finishes up tomorrow, and all can get back to seasonal norm!! How's the move to your new sewing room going? Great new quilt design ... will be a lot of stitching, and quite a showy finale. How's MrOKSGlad's back doing? Farmers are flying on the land now with weather looking cooperative til at least next weekend.

JeanieG ... Some virtual {{{{HUGS}}}} for you. Only wish they were IRL! So sorry about your Dr's report and the need to have those spots removed. Too bad they wouldn't do the two of them at the same time. And another hitch with the clean out process. While i haven't been here on the board, I have been wondering about your distance from the fires? I heard your city referenced in the news reports. Hope you are not having to fear these as well. You certainly have enough to deal with right now. What a great backing for your PC quilt!! Quilt on, a good diversion for you right now!

DublB
... Good Luck on Monday!

GrannyGGal ... Congratulations!!! on your new DGS. Does that mean some baby things with your new machine? Is this family somewhat nearby? or a trip to meet the Little One? I've done a bit of stitching with my machine. Dropped by the dealer today to ask a couple of How To's that I could not figure out from the manual. I'm more like you and Anael ... get in the drivers seat as it makes more sense when I learn as I go.

JanRN ... Yes, all is back to normal ... Didn't mess around and just switched over to Google Chrome to get that normal. Thanks for asking and yes, I've been enjoying my machine ... though I will say I haven;t had too much time with it. Also been spending time getting all re-settled. And then there's been all the good weather that's been calling me outside to enjoy! I guess you'd say that's ...... Good News and Bad News!

DublB ... you might as well tell!

In between all ... I too have been cutting scraps for the IsaBram blocks, in a smaller 6" version. Not sure how they will be used. And then will sew them whenever I want a break from other things. Not as though I needed another project. And then keeping with that same thought, this pattern seemed to call to me ....

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...k-t220202.html

So I've been cutting sets of 5 @ 2x2" whenever I have a fabric out. I figure if I do it this way, it'll gradually build up, rather than be a chore. And yes, aiming for no repeats in the fabrics.

Yes, silly me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-04-2013 at 06:01 PM.