View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:47 PM
moonwork42029

[h=5]Well, it's been several hours now since I saved my husband's life. Yes really! We were at TGIF for lunch and he got choked on a piece of steak. He coughed and no sound came out and he acted like he was gagging. I asked him if he was "ok" and he shook his head no. I hit him once between the shoulder blades and he made a little air gasp. I had to actually do the Heimlich on him to get the meat dislodged. It came up and he gasped a deep breath.

The only others people that seemed to notice were a group of teenagers with one mom and I think they freaked out a little. They were finished eating and ready to leave anyway but no one asked what was going on.

I was calm and clear while it was happening but once it was over I noticed my hands shaking and felt slightly dizzy.

If you don't know how to do the Heimlich or think you'll never need it, think again. Things happen in a blink of an eye and your life could be changed forever.

I am extremely thankful I knew what to do and could do it calmly when needed...I hope I never have to do it again but am so thankful my husband is still with me tonight.[/h]