Old 05-05-2013, 04:54 AM
PatchouliMoonStudio

Thank you everyone for responding to this. I emailed Brother to ask them if they made an open-toe FMQ foot or if a generic foot would work. Their response was they do not make this foot for the PQ 1500s, but they would forward my suggestion about this to the department in charge of such things. They also told me using an open-toe FMQ foot that is generic or meant for another brand of machine could damage my machine. Okay maybe that is true and maybe not, but I don't want to take that chance. Besides, the feet I have tried obviously do not work and do make noise and do not quilt well. They didn't answer me about if I were to cut out the Brother FMQ foot I have and convert it to an open toe, if that would work. I didn't think they would respond to that.

So if they do indeed create an open-toe FMQ foot in the future, how long would it take? A few years? If I altered the one I have and it didn't work, I would have to buy a new foot. If it works I'm good to go. If they start selling an open-toe foot I would buy one. So if I ruin the foot I have I would buy a new foot. If I wait and see if they make this foot in the future, I would buy that foot, either way I would be spending money for a foot. I do not have a saw for cutting the foot properly, so I think I will start by taking the suggestion of popping out the plastic disk first and see if that's all I need. If not I will ask a friend of mine if she can cut out the front metal portion to make it open.

If I alter this foot I will let you know how or if it worked.