Old 05-05-2013, 05:19 AM
Bneighbor

I LOVE quilt mags but my house was getting shabby looking with mags everywhere and no storage ideas. Well last year I found a hand held scanner at Walmart. It uses a small SIM card that is used in a camera. No need to connect directly to a computer. I scanned the patterns and instructions onto the SIM card then transferred the SIM card to my computer. I set up a file on the desktop. I arranged them by style (or however you want in able to find your design). You can then burn them to a cd or to a thumb drive. The scanner was less then $100.00, it is very easy to use. A little bit of a learning curve to hold it steady and slid it over the page at the correct speed, but since the mags have been sitting in boxes for years, why hurry? I have found that I now scan new mags as I purchase ( not as many as I used to). I only scan the patterns I want and sometimes an article if it is something of interest or a new method i may want to try. The scanner is about 13 inches wide and about 2 inches thick. Packs into a small case and will fit nicely into a drawer or into my computer bag (nice to take traveling). Can be used to also scan your receipts for your taxes. I actually have a larger one for that job, but since we travel a great deal, I do not forget to scan those receipts.

Last edited by Bneighbor; 05-05-2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Silly spellcheck and auto fill