Old 05-05-2013, 05:26 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

QuiltE, it is impossible for me to sew on two machines at once; I just wanted a machine to quilt as I go to finish place mats for DD that mine machine would not do two years ago. When dh said I could go for a new machine, I did. But to give dh a machine that he cannot ruin by changing *everything* tensions, etc., that he does by 'playing' with it...I think this one will sew well for him, too.

Other issue, is I promised BIL to finish his squares cut out of Levi jeans that he wants a guitar embroidered on each square. Bf has a machine that will do that,(said she would do them) but she always has a 'new' project to do, and does not finish anything. I am getting the quilt back that she was going to 'redo' right seven years ago and quilt it with the new machine on its borders.

Ggal, its wonderful you have a new dgd. I am convinced we cannot have too many grand kids to spoil. Wish our children felt that way.

Warm comfort food can be great, Honchey. I always follow the recipe on the Quaker Cornbread carton. The failures we feed to the chickens...and they love gravy, too. Chicks only sing to dh if he feeds them mid-afternoon; and they complain if he does not. Made Goulash yesterday; tasted great, warm and perfect for the good cool weather. Weather is to warm up this next week. Chicks and duck babies will all go back outside today.