View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 05:32 AM
quiltin-nannie

Originally Posted by NCannie View Post
I'm in my mid 50's and because of some medical problems when I was young and my current age my memory is not as good as some. I have only been quiting for about a year and a half. I've been to a couple of classes and have been taught how to use some of the angular rulers. My problem is I love the quilts I've made with them but after I'm done with them I don't remember how to use them. There is one quilt I'd love to make over. It was a mystery quilt I made at a retreat and we used the half square triangle and the quarter triangle along with a straight The instructions told us how many of the particular pieces to use but nothing else. Any way. I just can't seem to remember how to use any of the special rulers after the class I take. Do any of you have any clues on how to remember to use them. Because I can't use them I'm stuck on beginner quilts. That doesn't both me too much because I've found some nice patterns but I would like to progress to some slightly more intriquite patterns.
I am the same way about remembering how to use rulers! I have some I bought at quilt shows and for the life of me, I can't figure out why I bought them or what they are for! I do have directions but haven't had the urge to even take them out of the drawer to see what they do. It's like everything in life; when you don't use something for a long time, you forget how to use it. I agree with others, try YouTube.