View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 05:33 AM
Bneighbor

Originally Posted by Painiacs View Post
Good job! Gold star! Lots of them! Good for you!!!
Bneighbor- that is very scary. i dont do my banking online! Scare me!!
They said on the new you should have a diferrent password for each page! Id never remember them!!!!!
When I worked for a doctors office, we had to have passwords for every program we used. I personally used 12 different programs for my position. Those passwords had random change dates. So sometimes I might have to change them every 2 weeks or every 3 months! No repeats and no two programs could have the same password. Oh, and by the way, against the law to write them down and hide them! I do all my bill paying by computer now, still the safest. Knew a family that would send their bills and checks by mail. Had someone raid the post bax, steal the envelopes and use the checks by chemically cleaning the check except for the signature. The bad guys are very talented. If they want your money, they will find a way. Since my transactions are between me and my bank, there is no "middleman"- i.e.- the post office. I never allow a business to take funds out of my account via bill pay direct ( where you give them permission to go into your account to take out the money, such as your utility company or car loans etc). I tell my bank who to pay and how much.