View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 06:53 AM
mpspeedy2

I made my first quilt when I was in my late teens. At 62 I know what I like to do and don't do. Over the years I have belonged to two different guilds and have made a lot of bed size and other size quilts. The information available has grown and quilting is very popular, mostly for woman who have older families or are empty nesters in my experience. My main quilting now is on Linus quilts and they are made by machine. I am a handquilter for hire but get few customers as they are used to Longarmers and fast turn around. I have handquilted the last two or three raffle quilts for our Linus Chapter's fund raiser. I handquilt on a raffle quilt for our local Senior Center with a small group of ladies there. We only work a couple of hours a week. I spend more time on this board than I do with either guild anymore. Most of the guild members are only interested in getting things done fast and easy. I have forgotten more about quilting than most of them have yet to learn. The guild most handy for me meets at night and they are not interested in hand quilting. They recently ran a mid-month quilting class which ended with teaching them how to prepare their quilt for the long armer.