Old 05-05-2013, 08:11 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I think the thing I have learned here is to machine quilt. It was such a great mystery to me and seemed so scary to even try. I don't think it was so much of a tutorial, but seeing the finished quilts and how they were quilted up close in pictures encouraged me to try on my own. Turns out machine quilting is so FUN! No one ever told me that part. The designing is really such a personal thing, like out quilt tops, so distinct you can almost tell who did them without looking at the name of the quilter.

I love the photos from the different areas of the country showing quilt shows. I would never be able to go to these shows, but, here they are in pretty much all their glory to see here on the board.

I think the best tip I ever got on this board was to knot off the hand sewing of the binding down in the seam allowance. It is hidden and starting a new thread is just as easily done ( taking a stitch in the seam allowance) hiding all those thread tails inside the seam allowance and catching the tiny edge of the binding above. Then you continue on hand sewing the binding down. My work is so much nicer finding this tip here on the board.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-05-2013 at 08:16 AM.