Old 05-05-2013, 11:11 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Lots of chatter here, solving problems, loving dgc, and June blocks. Yes, that recipe is one way, QuiltE. The Amish Cookbook I have of 'Ever ready biscuit mix' is enough for everyone in the virtual RV...12c. flour, 4 Tablespoons of baking powder, 2 Tablespoons of salt and 2 c. lard. Mix crumbs with hands and store in tight container. When ready to use add a little water...place on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Basically, its the dry ingredients stored so you can take it out and complete the recipe by adding the liquid ingredients. Often its done for a Christmas present...putting all the dry ingredients together to make cookies (cake or bread), and adding the recipe to complete the cookie dough or cake dough or bread dough. I have small books of many recipes to do this and have received them as 'gifts'. 'Blending' can be done by using a fork or knife or spoon; my dgm always used a spoon, so when I seen a 'blender', metal tool to cut the shortening into the flour, at my MIL, I had to ask what it was...and they laughed at me. So your question can be asked in any language, Anael, but I think you handle your English very well.

My Grandmother never had a lot of monies to just 'buy' something if she could do without she did. She was German-Dutch with one grandmother from England...always made the best from what life handed her...and meet that with a smile on her face.

Back to the sewing room where we are completing the kids Christmas gifts for 2 years ago Christmas..place mats and table runners with the new machine.