Old 05-05-2013, 02:34 PM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
Visiting the wineries is a lot of fun - the first time I went to a MN winery we were in Alexandria; grape season was over but the apples were in their prime and I must say I liked the apple wines as well. Since then I have been to a few wineries where they only use grapes and they try to use MN grown grapes only; they make some fantastic wines; my favorite from this past season was a white dessert wine a little on the sweet side "Winter Ice" - great with cheese, fruit and dark chocolate.

You girls shouldn't drink too much wine - I wouldn't want you to go off the track and mess up you 1/4" seams - LOL
Have a fun and memorable time. Share photos.
I'm originally from New York. The town that my mother lives in, Watkins Glen, is at the southern tip of Seneca Lake (the southernmost of the finger lakes), and is within about a 30-45 minute drive to 30 or more wineries. The region is well known for ice wine, unique blended wines, and beautiful scenery. Last spring was the first time I'd gone on a wine tasting tour. My cousin, her husband, her sister, and my boyfriend and I had a wonderful afternoon, then went back to Watkins Glen for dinner at Jerlando's Italian restaurant with my mom, her sister, and my cousin's kids. It was a highlight in an otherwise somewhat bleak visit, as I knew that trip would be the last time I got to see my Gramma alive. We went to Gramma's the next day and told her where we'd been & she looked at my boyfriend, who'd she'd already been hitting on (lol), and asked him if he brought her some wine for their date. My boyfriend was speechless for a moment, his eyes got big, and she got the biggest laugh out of it! Even at 93, she still had it!