Old 05-05-2013, 05:48 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Anael ... I made the pie tonight. Halved the ingredients. And sadly did not have any coconut to add for some pizzazz to it! Another time!!! Of course, you know that OKSGlad and I, as dairy farmers *shudder* when we see/hear the M word!!

Honchey ... when I redid my kitchen at the farm I had my first experience with propane, and bought a cooktop, based on the salesman's advice. Oh how I soon learned the perils of cleaning it. When I came to this house, experience had been a good teacher. I knew I wanted gas, and did some serious shopping to make it as easy to clean as possible. I ended up with a stainless steel cooktop and a very simple grid plate, to simplify the cleaning. I've loved it!! And would you believe, I've never had Boston Cream Pie! Your stew smells oh so good .... I always do mine in the crockpot, so I don't have to watch it, and I know it'll be perfect!

QNSue ... so nice to see the "we" word as the two of you work together with your new machine!! Looking forward to seeing the finished projects. Your Amish cookbook ... is it the "More With Less" book. It's a favourite of mine and a go to for delicious good ol' fashioned cooking!

MiraB ... My goodness ... look at your incredible quilting. So detailed, even in the narrow border. And so many different FMQ designs. Can't wait to see the whole thing! I can't help but wonder if you ever stop to breathe?

DublB ... ditto to MiraB's "if it's meant to happen, it will ...".
Good Luck tomorrow.

I ended up WORKing today ... and as I did so, I did laundry, baked, etc.
I'll likely be heading out of town tomorrow for a few days ... partly WORK, partly play!
So if you think I am AWOL .... you now know why, in case I forget to say it later!