Old 05-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Sewnoma

We have separate hobbies but we support each other. I am into....well, everything, it seems! He sticks with photography and making music.

We're good about cheering each other on - this year I made a goal for myself to enter a quilt into the county fair; so he has given himself a matching challenge - to enter one of his photographs.

I listen to his music which is not really my thing (he makes techno) and give him what feedback I can. He looks at my quilts even though it's not really HIS thing and gives me what feedback he can. He is super proud of the quilt I made for him for Christmas - he tells everyone it's the best quilt he's ever seen, which gives me warm fuzzies! And he has a great eye for color - he picked out the colors for several quilts I made for our family for Christmas and they all turned out great.

He has recently taken up oil painting a little bit (and he's really GOOD at it; a total natural at it) and I'm excited about that because it's something I am into also (and I'm not nearly as good and have been at it longer...SO not fair). I hope he keeps it up because it would be nice if we had at least ONE hobby in common! Even if his paintings make me jealous, LOL.