View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:27 AM
nananurse

Here is Arkansas is a place called Cozy Quilts & Things and it is a little off the beaten path out in a small community near a small town called Mulberry. The lady who owns it is terrific! She and her husband are local first responders and if you drive up and they are out on a call they leave a sign on the door that says to go in look around and they will be back shortly. Only quilters do that!!! She also does LA quilting and the last time I was there she was having some problems figuring out the division of the quilt for her pattern so my friend and I were able to help her figure out how she needed to do her design. It was so much fun and she showed us how she set everything up to do the quilting. Even though I hand quilt I am not one of those who turns her nose up at machine quilting. I've seen bad hand quilting as well as bad machine quilting so it all evens out. On this board I've seen some of the most beautiful quilting that I've ever seen so it goes to show that you need to learn something new one in a while.