Old 05-06-2013, 05:35 AM
Glenn

Originally Posted by gragra View Post
Glenn, Hope I didn't mess up my machine. I started on it before I found your site here. I just acquired an old New Royal. She was rust fast and nothing would move. I sprayed it with WD 40. Got everything moving except can't get pressure foot off yet. It is rusted on. Did the WD 40 do any harm? Should I get your rust blaster and respry everything now? I don't know know what to do now. Cannot post pics tonight or I should say this morning considering the hour. LOL Wish I had found your site earlier. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and blessings, Gragra
I recommend you use Plast buster instead of WD40 to loosen up the machine. You can use liquid wrench on rusted screw ansd such. Try not to get it on the painted areas and the decals. Decals are cleaned with sewing machine oil only. Then you can french polish shellac over them to protect them. Wipe all the WD40 off and oil with sewing machine oil and you should be fine. Lots of people on the board use tri-flow to lub their machines. It is very good. No you did no harm. Would really like to see a pic so we can see what is going on with it and how to approach the cleaning of the machine.
Skip