Old 05-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Jennalyn

I love hearing about what everyone else has done with their own small spaces!

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Your room looks great! Since the guitars must stay, I think I might add a nice shelf for them along the top of the room. The guitars could lay on their sides for display and you could add quilt hanging racks on the shelf bottom or a design wall. Just a suggestion...
We actually really enjoy the guitars. And Dad accesses them every few days - he plays a lot - so having them displayed in that way wouldn't really work for easy access. It just limits our ability to do anything with the walls, so we have to be creative in other ways.

Originally Posted by Material Witness View Post
I believe you could thread a quilt sleeve between the strings and the struts and cover those guitars with a quilt. If you can't take good care of them, maybe they'd get moved to a safer spot. In the meantime, how about behind the door right above the litter pans?
Hehe, I think Dad would have a heart attack if we used his guitars as hanging racks! He plays all of his babies a lot and takes wonderful care of them.

Originally Posted by Scraplady View Post
Great looking space. I love your cutting table and I'm so jealous of your hardwood floors! (Mine are carpet.) Have you thought about putting casters on your cutting table? It looks like you've got space so you could move it out occasionally if you ever needed access to all four sides. Mine is a similar set-up with wheels but it doesn't roll well on my carpet.
We had discussed casters on the bottom of the cutting table, but that would have made it too high for me to use comfortably (it's about an inch or two higher than I'd prefer right now, but that makes it perfect for Mom). The floors are a cheap laminate that imitates hardwood very nicely! A necessity with the pets. That room used to have dirty brown shag carpeting. Icky stuff.