View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 09:48 AM
auntpiggylpn

I come to this thread today, hanging my head in shame (well, almost. . . ) I have been on a fabric moratorium since July 2012 and have prided myself in only adding 2 FQ bundles to my stash since then. I have fallen off that wagon and when I did, I fell incredibly hard that I am surprised that I am not in a full body cast! I stumbled upon a Craigslist ad for a "Sewer's Dream" garage sale. Well, I though I would go take a look because I am looking for zippers. I pulled up to the house and there is probably 30 cardboard boxes lining the drive way and at least 5 tables full of fabric. Apparently, the homeowner's (who is not a sewer or quilter) MIL passed away and she had worked at Joann's for over 15 years. I asked the price on the fabrics and if she was selling by the piece or the yard. She said that she would give me a price once I had decided what I wanted. The evil fabric demon came over me and I tore through the boxes like a mad woman!! There were no scraps, all were 1+ yard pieces. I piled what I thought I wanted and waited with baited breath for the cost. She looked at my pile and hesitated when saying $20. I told her that I would be happy to give her $20. They had a basket of zippers (probably 40 of them) that they wanted $35 for. I declined to purchase the zippers! I brought the fabrics home and washed and ruler folded them. I have nothing that is less than 1 yard and some pieces are 5-8 yds long. I wound up with 70+ yards!
Attached Thumbnails cl3.jpg