Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM
ncredbird

I have a computer recipe program called MasterCook that I make different "recipe" catagories for each kind of quilt that I keep - Patriotic, Childrens themes, applique, etc. as many as you wish. There is a box for a picture that you can see next to the title of each recipe in each cookbook. I use this as a visual reference and will include the instructions in the recipe or a reference as to it's title, magazine, publication date, and location where I stored it on my computer. If there is a separate pattern sheet I scan it making sure I have drawn a box noting the scale (1"x1" or 2"x2") so that I can print it out correctly when I need it and store that in a separate folder on my computer with a notation on the "recipe". You could easily do just the picture reference and a scan of the pattern/article saved as a PDF somewhere else on the computer. Then I pass the magazine on to someone else or sell them at a yard sale. I don't tend to remember the titles or names of quilts I have admired but I love having the pictures to refresh my memory. Ann in TN

Last edited by ncredbird; 05-06-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: additional info