Old 05-07-2013, 09:43 AM
nancia

and in the midst of all this hilarity, i had a box arrive! i was hoping it was one or two of my burrito boys, but . no. it is a singer featherweight of 1948. actually older than me! this is the one i found on shopgoodwill.com. it has arrived in the same perfect condition it was sent. well packaged in a large pellet filled cardboard box, and then the carrying case, and the little darling plus goodies. the cord appears to be the original and has some cracks in the rubber so i will replace that. i turned it on using my aunt's fw cord. it stitches quietly== or will once i put bobbin thread in. i am happy that i ordered a new belt and some feet. so far i don't appear to need to replace anything but the cord. i will have the interior wires checked, too. it looks shiny, with just a few normal pin scratches--no biggies. i am delighted!! yes, it is always a bit of a gamble, but goodwill.com wants our return business just as any other retailer does. so this is the end of my birthday gifts. my sister drove up from d.c. and took us to dinner at cafe' bombay-- the most delicious food ever! dh presented a gold ruby and diamond heart pendent for all 4 occasions, so i am well set for another year! now i REALLY have to figure out my embroidery machine!!! it hangs over me like doom! i feel very grateful for all the love and goodness in my life!