View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:55 AM
himnherr

Default Look at my Murphy bed/design wall!!

For the past 13 years I have shared my sewing space with our guest room. About 2 years ago I figured out that since we only have guests stay 2-3 times a year I could surely put that space to better use. My husband didn't want to give up having a "real" bed to offer, so he came up with this idea. He built me this Murphy bed and now I have room for guests & the rest of the time I have open space and a design wall that measures 62"x62". Pretty cool, huh!?!?

He isn't a "finish" carpenter but I think he did a great job. We ordered the mechanism online and he got busy. It lifts down so gently that I can do it by myself. The 2 outer handles become the legs.

I can't describe how exciting this has been for me. I couldn't wait to put my string quilt blocks on and now to rearrange them so there won't be big clumps of one color together. That's the beauty of a design wall, isn't it!? ;-)

I have a 5' table (folds in the middle) that I cut on that goes in front of Murphy and then moves over near my machine when I want to do quilting on my DSM.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg