View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 04:24 PM
oldtnquiltinglady

Default Pfaff bobbin problem

I hope someone can tell me how to get the bobbin case out of a Pfaff 260 that I recently sold without doing the proper check-out before sale thing. I thought the machine was in tip top shape, but I guess I though wrong. The buyer checked out the machine yesterday, took the bobbin case out, changed the bobbin, and put in back in. No problem. It sewed fine.

Today, I was checking out the machine to do some sewing for a do-good project she is involved in; took the bobbin case out, changed the bobbin, put it back in; nuthin'......tried to take the bobbin case out to check out the problem; nuthin' doin'.......stuck fast. We both tried and tried and tried. Finally, looked at the book that came with the machine--this one is a 260, and the book is for a 262 and 263. I never even noticed that the whole time I had the machine. Normally, I don't have to refer back to one for something as simple as threading and filling the bobbin, and especially removing the bobbin case.

Now who can help me? I have a whole week to try to figure this out. This is a wonderful machine, and is supposed to be superior for FMQ. It is nice and quiet, and isn't completely worn out--even though it is pretty old, my guess being sometime from the early 60s.

Please, please, please. I did finally find some TriFlow oil, so I can at least take that with me if I need to when I go back to try it out again.