Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

As usual so much to read and see! Wonderful looking food, fragrant flowers, blueberries waiting to ripen, pretty babies and of course quilts being quilted and to be admired, tops sandwiched. Then some are off on the road again!! Have a safe trip QE. And through it all there are the ups and downs of living--health issues, changes in routines, what ever. This is not a static group!
I never buy margarine (yup the dairy farmer in me) One characteristic of butter is that it browns more than margarine-your sugar cookies will have a golden color rather than a pale yellow color. If I'm right it has something to do with the fact that butter will burn at a lower temperature than margarine. Especially important when sauteing in butter--don't use high heat! Correct me if I"m wrong QE. Flavor is an added benefit of using butter. You hear that a food has a buttery flavor--never a margariney flavor
Oh another full day in the garden. I have raised garden beds (4 x 8 feet) Got 3 of them cleaned and ready to plant. Broccoli (11), Kale (9--new this year. DSIL uses it for stampot at Holiday time), a row of snap peas, 20 spinach plants, Romaine lettuce plants--11 big plants and 12 smaller ones. DH was able to go into the dry cow pasture and get me 2 skidsteer loads of well rotted manure to mix into the beds. Oh such nice stuff--will make those greens grow! Hopefully can get some seeds planted tomorrow before it rains.
In the sewing room--almost ready to sew. Took pictures that I'll put in a PDF and share later. Now want to finish cleaning off the cutting counter so I can start a new project!
Remember to share your baby quilt, GGal.