Thread: Rv trips
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 03:30 AM
slmeyer

We are retired & purchased a new 32ft MH with one slide in 2007. We love it and would love to go more often, but I am a LA quilter and am usually very busy quilting for others. Since our MH was new and we've kept it well maintained we have not had any issues. We take our 3 kitties with us which is one reason we bought our MH. We try to take several trips a yr & usually one big one. Last yr we were gone for 6 weeks traveling from south TN to Seattle and back, taking different routes to see more areas of the country. I alway plan the cities and stops looking for great campgrounds, places to visit and of course quilt shops. We do not tow, but rent a car if we are going to be in an area for 2 days or want to see some sights. We found it was much cheaper to rent than buy a towable car, maintain it with insurance, etc. I like to stay in CG with full hookups, cable, internet although we now have a hotspot and satelitte dish, so we can do without that. We did stay in Yosemite last year without hookups and it was fantastic. Regarding the mattress a previous post is so right. We recently purchased a 4" memory foam mattress pad from Wal-mart that is wonderful and even put one on our bed at home. We love Rving and wish we coud go more often. We have good friends that bought a new one and have decided it just isn't for them and are selling. They just don't have the time to use it due to her FT job. I take my feather weight and sew in the kitchen, or if nice outside will sew there. Good luck in making your decision. Hope to see you on the road sometime.