Thread: Rv trips
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Sweeterthanwine

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
The cost of purchase of the rv, gas to go, maintenance,repair, insurance, planning where to " hookup" nightly, shopping for food having to cook, clean, yuck.....not for me.... Just pick a place drive or fly there, motel, restaurant, rental car if necessary.....now that is my idea of fun!!!!! But viva la difference!,,,
You haven't really lived until you get out into the great outdoors, sat under a tall pine tree drinking whatever beverage you choose, looking at the stars at night without the city noise and best of all, you can be by yourself if so choose or in a crowded campground is that is your choice. We have owned many types of travel trailers and motorhomes and prefe the motorhome with a small tow vehicle. We go all the time, and spend our winters in AZ where the weather is also warm. Mostly we camp out in the desert with no hookups, but go into town a couple weeks and get fresh water and dump the tanks. We love this kind of lifestyle and have been doing it for a number of years now. I guess we are just outdoor people and we love it. If it not your type of traveling, that is your choice but I prefer the great outdoors and seeing our wonderful country and beautiful places on our own timeline. Just my opinion -