Old 05-08-2013, 09:55 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by vanginney View Post
A lil devil
LOL! believe it or not, this isn't her. I came across another one here in town. vanginney named the first 431 that came to live with me. She was quite the challenge as well. The 431s have challenged me more than any other singer so far. The bernina, I suspect will give them a run for their money.

Miriam, I'm quite sure that the machine is moving well, but I can marinate in case I'm wrong. I will try that centering the needle thing tonight if I don't go to the guild meeting, or tomorrow if I do.

The thing is, it seems like sometimes it's OK, for a long time (5 -6 "), then it goes berserk. Then other times, it just skips all the time. No change of thread, no change of needle or fabric. Oh. I guess that could be gum. I had to step away last night because I was getting repared to toss it out the window.

Mudpies are good for your sanity.

Mitch's Mom - The swing mechanism seems completely free. The machine interestingly was completely mobile when I got it. I know that they had oiled it before I came, but nothing was stuck on it at all. I went through and oiled anyway, to help displace the hair clipper oil that they'd used with tri-flow, but it was really good otherwise.

I will pull out that cotton and see what I can do. The problem is, if down the road I sell this machine, it's hard to tell someone "it must use cotton thread". The other 431 isn't nearly so picky, which is why I'm convinced I'm missing something.