View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Over the years I have planted plants that are suppose to be idiot proof, used Miracle Grow by the bags full and still have a lousy flower beds with no flowers. DH is having the front lawn re sodded so I gave in and told the guy to landscape my flower beds with shrubs. I'll buy flowers in pots from now on. My grandmother could grow beautiful flowers and had a big vegetable garden. All you gardeners out there, you have my admiration!
well, I live in Illinois so our summer is truly welcomed by me when it comes......I am not a prolific gardener.....so I merely buy perenials, plant them and hope Mother Nature likes them enough to let them come up the following year(s).....each year I wait anxiously to see what made it thru the winter and marvel at its beauty. I do buy a few annuals in hanging pots to decorate the front porch and back deck, but those I find are more trouble to maintain in the summer than those in the ground............the dirt in those pots gets really hard and water just rolls out of those pots after awhile, so I have to set them in a bucket of water and let them drink from the bottom occasionally...........love cutting flowers from garden and bringing into house - especially the lilacs - which are now ready to pop!!!!!!! We do a veggie garden, but there too, easier plants and let daughter pull weeds that grow around the plants!!!!!!! pulling those weeds allows for a harvest basket!!!!!