View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Zappycat

Default My T Shirt Quilt!

I have been saving my daughter's t shirts forever. She has played travelling soccer since she was in the fourth grade and she is 21 now. I really should have done this when she graduated high school, but I didn't get to it. She will be a college senior in September and she is playing soccer in college, so I plan to have this quilted and send her back to college for her last soccer season with this quilt. I took a class at Pennington Quilt Works in NJ, otherwise I probably STILL wouldn't have started i! I learned so much just by seeing what other people did, too. I am so happy that I finally put this together and I am hoping she will love it too. Her very first soccer jersey from 4th grade is in the red one in the upper left corner. Her last club soccer jersey is the blue one #22 in the lower right corner (senior yr of high school). She is now playing her college soccer at Rowan University, so that is in there too, along with other clubs she played for through the years and a few other non-soccer t shirts. Since I had so many shirts, I decided not to use any lattice or borders. The borders are more strips from tshirts. I am thinking about backing it with a nice soft flannel sheet. It's about 70 x 84 inches. I am so happy I finally did this and just wanted to share it!
Attached Thumbnails tshirt-quilt-web.jpg