Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM
carriem

Hello all

Anael--Some more cute pics of the twins...thanks for sharing the newborn/current pictures of Bram...what a change!

QNS--Hope you are feeling better today. Those are some very pretty flowers. I have some lilacs getting close to blooming and also the crab-apple tree. I will share pictures when it is in full bloom...such pretty pink flowers (and I am not a "pink person".

Jeanie--Did DH get the ok to go camping? Sounds like you might need a little trip before all the work really gets started.

OK and Ggal--You both sure have been productive outside! Some days I wish I enjoyed gardening more...I do very little. Flowers just to make the front of the house look nice and making sure the trimming gets done around the trees (close to the house), steps and house. Once it dries out we will mow for the first time...need to go into MIL's and do her lawn this weekend too.

Dublb--Very exciting news about the house. Looks like a nice one. Hope things go faster for you than they did for us with our current house! We put our offer on this house the beginning of July (accepted verbally, it was for sale by owner and the guy kept going back and for on if he wanted to sell...it was going back to the bank if he didn't.) Long story short, we finally signed a purchase agreement in October and moved in in November...one good thing is we ended up getting it for $15,000 less than we had offered in July!

Honchey--Safe travels to you today (and tomorrow?) not sure if you make the trip in one day or not.

Mirabelle--how is that "stuff for you" coming along? I know sometimes I get that way too after doing things for other people.

Ggal--looking forward to seeing your baby quilt.

Jan--I feel like you do about "plants coming to die"...we have tried having plants inside but can rarely keep them a live for long. Right now we have a "spider plant". It was on the verge of dying until last summer when we let it "live" on the deck. When we brought it inside again in the fall we got 3 new shoots and have managed to keep it "happy". Have fun learning your new car!!

Janie--Did you get any sewing done yesterday after the twins went to school?

I hung the humming bird feeder this morning (yes I know a little late!) but just looked out and there is a hummer already enjoying the sugar water! DD (11yrs) and I baked chocolate chip cookies...with a few peanut butter chips thrown in. She likes to take them to the neighbors and sell them. Our neighbors don't take the time to bake so love having them brought to their door. She does most of the work, I just supervise to make sure she adds fractions right when doubling the recipe.

I got fabric for my June MB and also the last fabric needed for _______'s MB. Off to the clubhouse to work on these two blocks. Then back to the airplane quilt.