Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

Thought I'd get this picture up... a short break from reality!
At my minigroup meeting this week one of my friends also working on Jane told me that some of the sketches of the 'real blocks' [closer to the original] are included in Brenda's software as 'variations' So be sure to check that out. [I should've looked more closely a year+ ago!! Yankeegirl, over the course of our journey, we have found that the drawings in the book are sometimes different from the original Jane and we have come up with ways to make them look more like the original. If you have the software ...ahem.... some of the original patterns are actual hiding in the variations. [an advantage to you for hooking up with us late!]

Im posting a picture of H-9 in progress [and what I had on schedule for January 13 ]
I noticed those top white background sections in the book drawing are not in the original. I cut two of each background/print 3 1/4" squares to make 4 half-square triangles [HST] and made a pinwheel for the base of the square. Then I used the G-11 diamond pattern as template for the diamonds [because the real ones are sightly larger than the sketch in the book for H-9]. I will also add white background corners cut 2 1/2" squares in half diagonally.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]412514[/ATTACH]If you havent made this block yet and have the software, the pattern is variation 1 .... of course I noticed this after making the adjustments myself
Gus
Attached Thumbnails dj-h9.jpg