Old 05-09-2013, 01:33 PM
CindyA

Originally Posted by Yankeegirl View Post
Hello ladies!! I just wanted to say that all of you are so talented and you have inspired me to give this a try. I am a new quilter and this would be strictly my quilt. Something I could take my time with and then enjoy the fruits of my labor lol. Anyway - being new I need to learn applique. Can someone recommend a good site or youtube to teach me? Thanks so much for your help and all of your wonderful inspiration! I will be watching and drooling as you all continue on your journey.
Hi and welcome Yankeegirl. In addition to the great things that Monica and others have posted here on this site you may want to check out: http://www.pieceocake.com/index.html Go to 'lessons' and you will see links for individual tutorials. Maybe start with the 'invisible applique stitch.' This site, Piece o' Cake, is the company created by two quilting friends, Linda Jenkins and Becky Goldsmith. I haven't actually watched the videos on their links, but I've seen their DVD as well as many times on t.v. I love their work and I'm sure the videos are good. I should probably go look at the video right now. You'll all undertand after you see the tri I'm about to post (applique hearts, RS-7)!