Thread: Rv trips
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:02 PM
debbiemarie

I resisted my DH requests to buy a trailer/motor home for years, to me it just meant more meal planning and cleaning, laundry etc. Now that our kids are grown up with their own children, my son got a 23' trailer with kitchen and bath etc. Now it's a wonderful way to spend time with them!! I agreed to buying a trailer 26' with super slide, it's great. A year later, we have a group of friends and family who all book campsites together once a month or so. We have potluck meals, so cooking and clean up is a cinch. I get to see my grandkids, my son, daughter and their spouses regularly. We like camping closer to home so it doesn't become such a chore and exhausting, we have so many wonderful campsites in the beach areas, it feels like vacation there. (I get carsick, so long trips are not enjoyable for me) When we are all out camping together it feels like my family and friends all live on the same block and we come out of our trailers to hang out. I highly recommend renting a nicer trailer/motor home to see if you will really like it. We bought a trailer because we already had a truck, the trailer costs less, insurance on the trailer was an extra $20 a year, registration is also much cheaper, if I had unlimited funds I would get a motor home though.