View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:51 PM
AlienQuilter

I love Minkee! Have made several quilts with Minkee, fleece or flannel for the backing. Never had a problem with stretching because I use 505 spray basting. Does not shift at all when spray basted. I always wash my minkee, fleece and flannel first (flannel more than once). Clean out the lint filter halfway through drying and also at the end. I'm so glad I do this because one fabric that I thought was a minkee clone that I bought from Joann's looked incredibly awful after it was washed. Had clumps all over it.

Here's one that I did with black Minkee and black flannel in place of batting. I did the majority of the quilting with just the top and the flannel/batting. Then I placed the cotton pieced top/flannel batting on top of the minkee and did some stitch in the ditch around the center panel and one of the borders.

Here's how it turned out: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t218264.html

I measured the back so that I could make the top just a few inches less on the sides so I would not have to piece the minkee. I have pieced it before on other quilts and always did a 1/2 inch seam and spray basted the seam flat.