View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 04:38 PM
SheriR

Three finishes for April-May. I think I counted them as March too... LOL

My daughter's family went to Disney World last spring. 2012. Each of her three children had a clipboard with fabric squares which they used to collect the character signatures. She whipped them into quilts as soon as she got home then left them with me. Long story, short... the lady who was suppose to quilt them fell through so I stepped up. I had this great idea of putting Mickey Mouse ears all over them.

First pic is the first finish. 84"x68". Big Mickey on the siggi and many many Mickey ears everywhere else.

Second pic, second finish. 92"x78". Pink Disney, yes for Princess GD. Echo Mickeys over siggis and flowers and hearts for filler.

Third pic, third finish. 94"x72". Star-burst Mickeys on siggis. Straight lines in four directions for filler and castles w/fireworks on the border.

I LOVE them all. I feel bad I got better as I went, and more creative. Truly, I am a beginner at free motion. The first quilt was JUST Mickey ears. Then I got more bold and creative as I went on. The castle border I printed as clip art, pinned the picture in it's spot, and sewed over the outline, then spent today removing paper 40 castles total, I think.
Attached Thumbnails tyton-front.jpg   tyton-border.jpg   aurora-front.jpg   aurora-close-front.jpg   grif-front.jpg  

grif-border.jpg   grif-castle.jpg