Old 05-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Sierra

I live in California and went to the "Sisters" show in central Oregon. It was one of the greatest shows I've been to! Absolutely beautiful quilts. I didn't see anything happen that was unseemly. I did hear that the next year it rained (for the first time on their quilt show, I think!) and the whole town got out their ladders and every able body, just about, helped get the quilts down and drapped them inside buildings to dry out. There is another show, closer to home, in the Livermore area of central California, that has an outdoor show and it is really like going to a party. I think it's on a farm. I haven't gone because it takes place during the time we have dedicated to our grandchildren... but they are getting older and at least 3 of them are starting their own quilts... so we may get to go soon!

I'm not questioning that someone may have seen a quilt mishandled, but everywhere I went (and I spent 8 hours at Sisters) but that surprises me because there were women and men with official badges watching everywhere I went (maybe I'm just suspicious looking?). I reccomend the Sisters, Oregon, quilt show to anybody!!