Thread: Rv trips
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:26 PM
baskets4moo

Location: Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North

DH and I are on our 5th summer RV'ing. We're out at least 5 months. We have traveled from South Florida to Seattle, down the California coast, Las Vegas (twice!), Upper Michigan, Montana and many, many more places than I could list. We're big, 42 ft Class A, Harley on the back, and towing a truck! Finding a place to stay isn't that hard, between the campground/rv park book from Camping World and a great website rvparkreviews.com we never make reservations and travel wherever "the wind blows us". This week we're staying in a RV & B with gourmet organic breakfasts prepared by the owner. What a treat! We have seen so much of our great country and have met so many nice people.
Regarding Wally World, they actually encourage campers unless there is a city or county ordinance. Usually anywhere near a tourist area will be no camping but most elsewhere is fine. There's a app for finding Wallys and a camp/no camp rating. For a safe place to park after a long day you can't beat it. Just be sure to obey any signs posted, if it says no camping the cops will show up at 3 am, just ask me how I know
I take my Featherweight and kit as many projects as I can in 2 project boxes. I like to do miniature paper piecing so I can pack quite a few. I sew at our table or outside on a picnic table. I keep my rulers and mats under the mattress and keep a cupboard just for stashing my "finds" from all the quilt shops I visit on our travels. When I start packing my clothes in those suction bags I know it's time to get home